Viseum Safe City Concept
First 5 Years’ Programme – Next Steps Safe City Design and Pilot Installation Stages
For the best next step of delivering security success, we will first need to understand what your likely timescales are for your Safe City security project. The more notice that we have will help us arrange for suitable members from our own safe city concept, counter-terrorism, government security advisors and national security strategy teams to support you. They will also be able to take you through the processes needed to start or strengthen and grow your CCTV security assets.
Viseum UK is managing an increasing number of Safe City projects throughout the world, typically as the most critical element of Smart City initiatives. The Safe City delivery processes have been fully optimized to run in parallel with the design of your city’s security, the delivery of your initial order, and your security infrastructures, initial training, and integration. Usually, the first installations will deliver security for your city’s highest risk areas (for example, pedestrian crime and/or traffic Public Safety hotspots). This will help you discover the capabilities, benefits and operational processes of Viseum solutions. This initial training and pilot installation process can also be completed in synchronisation with your agreed citywide deployment schedule.
The following steps are then necessary to prioritize and manage each Safe City security project.
Safe City Concept Study
Top-level Safe City concept meetings and analysis are vital to allow us to fully understand the following:
- Your needs and concerns: e.g. terrorism, traffic management and criminal behaviour.
- Geo-political aspects, societal and economic issues, climate.
- Intelligence databases, the threat, and potential incident spectrum, most likely/most dangerous incidents.
- Existing security measures and command and control resources.
- Critical assets and infrastructure (site/city inputs and outputs).
Safe City Technical
Crucially, to obtain the complete ground truth from a remote site and deploy the best first responder services, the highest quantity as possible of situational awareness information is needed. For this, it is vital to use the best CCTV camera that reliably produces the most amount of accurate video intelligence and situational awareness information.
The Safe City Concept study would establish an operational requirement based on your brief and on a top-level understanding of what Viseum’s capabilities will allow you to achieve for your security services. This study will establish the following:
- The Safe City Command Control and Communications – These will typically be strategically positioned Command Control Rooms monitoring a number of areas, with one master Command Control Centre overseeing all the Command Control Rooms. This can help identify the size and number of control rooms, display requirements, and the associated system/building/power resilience:
- Security growth – How many cameras will be managed now and how many cameras will need to be managed in 5 years’ time?
- Resilience – Do some or all of the Control Rooms need to be blast proof and/or have mirrored data and operational processes fall-back locations, and/or do other risk mitigation factors need to be designed?
- Security staff – The skill sets for local people as surveillance operators with their local knowledge of the layout and security issues. How many emergencies can they confidently manage, and how many routine surveillance cameras could they competently deal with at any given time?
- The Safe City Camera Locations – Areas that need surveillance cameras and the mounting and resilience options:
- Camera sensors – To identify the suitable camera and lens at each camera installation, what is the available ambient light?
- Coverage – Are cameras required for all main high streets and highway junctions, and/or other specific areas? What buildings require coverage inside?
- Camera poles – Depending on the site layout and environment, some poles will have different designs to mitigate different types of risk of attack.
- Power – To identify if standby backup power is needed, is the power at each camera installation stable or does the power fluctuate for an average number of hours per day?
- Camera Communications – The required video/data transmission systems and their resilience:
- Media type – Can some of the sites have hard-wired transmission or does everything need to be wireless?
- Available bandwidth – Some camera installations will need to send more information back to the Command Control Centre and other camera installations will need to send varied information at random times.
- Regional Requirements – Limitations, restrictions, regulations, etc.
- Commercial input/output – Logistics for supply, installation, and maintenance.
Safe City Concept CCTV Design
The information learned from the feasibility study will result in an agreed system operational requirement. This allows the initial design concept to be produced and the general system architecture to be understood.
Safe City Detailed CCTV Design
Following customer acceptance of the concept design, an in-depth document will be produced giving a performance specification of all equipment and operation of that equipment. This will include configuration detail, schematic drawings, schedules and project deployment programmes.
Complete End-to-end On-time Installation Management
In line with the Smart City initiative, each and every process is optimized with the fastest and most-efficient practical methods to design, deliver, and benefit from, each part of the Safe City project, from concept design through to full in-life operation. This is achieved using our trusted secure single source asset mapping system, and secure GPS (Global Positioning System) RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags embedded in all cameras and security devices. This allows you to manage processes securely in real time, automatically and with your complete control and visibility.
Your Viseum Project Manager is a seasoned security professional with a wealth of multi-disciplinary experience who will ensure your needs are given the very highest priority. This manager can have day-to-day oversight of the project, from the point of pre-contract negotiations to delivery, installation, integration into a CCTV Control Room (including complete Control Room design and build where appropriate) and handover of the system. He will be the first point of contact for all enquiries and will provide you with regular reports on progress on the contract.
Safe City Operational Security Processes
Viseum will not only be responsible for the best fit-for-purpose technology but will moreover take responsibility for helping you deliver the best security success. For this, we will need to know what security effect you want to achieve in the short term and what security effect you want to have achieved over the next 5 years. Viseum will then develop processes and a growth plan to help you deliver this.
These development processes relate to how and when you interact with your existing security infrastructure (security guards, police, emergency services, army, etc.), and how you interact with your public. Viseum will help select and train your security staff to undertake or develop appropriate processes, policies and strategies to utilise the CCTV in proactive, reactive and post-incident investigations capacities. Your Viseum Project Manager is exclusively focused on the successful integration of your security and surveillance solution to deliver this success.
Safe City Support and Ongoing Training Services
Viseum UK is well known for introducing cutting-edge technologies as trusted plug-and-play solutions. A significant element of this is how we deliver support using our Viseum Remote Managed Support Service. This service uses secure remote access that you can enable and disable as and when you may need help. It is fully supported by the company’s team of dedicated IT security specialists, all of whom have extensive experience in the integration of IP security, data networking, and end-to-end CCTV processes. This enables the Viseum Support Team to provide first-hand interactive training and support. By seeing what end users see and listening to their local knowledge, the intelligent learning capabilities of each and every Viseum IMC camera installation can be trained to operate automatically as needed to clear up and stamp out crimes in the vicinity of every camera.
Safe City Training Services
The first training programme is for the Viseum IMC camera models, using the Viseum iVOS analytics software operating locally to the camera installation.
Viseum IMC and iVOS Level 1: End User Operational Training.
Viseum IMC and iVOS Level 2: System Administrator.
The second training programme is for the Viseum Central intelligent Video Management Software (Viseum CiVMS) using Viseum Panoramic Security Cameras and all other non-Viseum branded cameras, with the Viseum iVOS video analytics software operating remotely at the central control.
Viseum CiVMS and iVOS Level 1: End User Operational Training.
Viseum CiVMS and iVOS Level 2: System Administrator.
The large number of surveillance security applications of Viseum’s iVOS F3 functionality operating with iVOS FaceRec face recognition software and/or iVOS ANPR software, make it impractical to provide a full training package for each. These training packages are therefore custom-made for each specific end user’s security project requirements, and technical support manuals are customised to suit each partner’s technical knowledge and desired capabilities.
Viseum iVOS FaceRec – Automated Person ID Recognition and Confirmation.
Viseum iVOS ANPR – Automated Vehicle Number Plate Recognition.
Viseum iVOS F3 – Automated Person Find, Fix and Follow (early prototypes known as tag and track).
Safe City Concept Documents
- Safe City – Report on High Risks.
- Safe City Pilot/POC.
- Viseum Technology and Support Strengths.
- Viseum Site Survey.
- Safe City – Phased Technology Introduction Programme.
- Benefits of Safe City – Training Course Number 1.
- Benefits of Safe City – Training Course Number 2.
- Safe City Delivery Process Presentation.
- Safe City Operational CCTV Training.
- Command Control Operations.