Our Safe City CCTV Case Studies show how such disruptive technologies make significant savings whilst strengthening security.
“This security success is also very important to the rest of the world.” London Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime
Savings from Operational Crime Fighting Overheads
Security organisations around the world spend millions each year, trying to collect suitable images, searching through days or even months of video for just a few seconds of crucial evidence. The vast majority of these efforts result, daily, in lengthy reports as to why the evidence available could not be used because the incident did not occur close up to the camera, or was missed completely because the PTZ Camera was pointing the wrong way.
Viseum has developed operational crime-fighting savings calculators with help from the security professionals who designed, built and managed London’s Police Command Control and Communications. The calculations used for these security savings are based on real-life examples when using the Viseum Intelligent Panoramic Camera, from field installations in and around the United Kingdom:
Safe City Savings and Next Best Purchase Comparison
The patented Viseum security design is the most cost-effective to protect more people, vehicles and other assets of a remote site than any other solution. We estimate that in order to compete with the coverage, level of high security and situational awareness that Viseum offers, a competitor would have to quote at least triple for what will remain an inferior solution for effective coverage, technical performance, and reliability. This figure also excludes the extreme costs for installation and 24/7/365 monitoring of the many cameras needed to deliver similar security coverage using inferior solutions.
Safe City Savings – Crime Clear Up and Crime Prevention
Safe City Savings from Regional Costs of Crime
Viseum cameras clear up at least 70% of crime in complex and challenging environments. The following formula can be used to estimate the savings gained in relation to the cost of crime to support the business case for a Viseum solution:
Possible savings using Viseum = Region’s costs of crime in complex and challenging environments x 0.7
Example results for a typical cosmopolitan city:
- If typical costs of crime are just $3,000 per crime (Just one alcohol-related street fight typically costs a community $8,000+. This also includes average costs for police, ambulance, hospital and other associated average intangible costs such as fear and inconvenience caused by just one such offence).
- If the typical number of crimes per year is 20,000, then the total costs of crime are $60 million per year.
- Possible savings using Viseum = $60 million x 0.7 = $42 million per year.
- If just 50% of this crime occurs where Viseum camera systems are deployed and dealt with (Viseum’s CCTV Performance is known to deliver significantly higher).
- Total yearly savings per city = $21 million per year.
The long-term deterrent value created using Viseum Intelligent CCTV results in a drop in local crime rates and reduced insurance premiums, attracting new businesses, visitors and new residents to what has now become a low-crime city.