Terms & Conditions of Use for the Viseum Website
In these Terms and Conditions “we, our, us, Viseum” refers to “Viseum UK”
Access to the Website and Acceptance of these Terms & Conditions
Your Undertaking as a User of the Website
When using the Website, you agree:
not to use the Website for any illegal purpose, and to respect all applicable laws and regulations.
not to use the Website in a way that may impair its performance, corrupt its content or otherwise reduce its overall functionality.
not to compromise the security of the Website or attempt to gain access to secure areas or sensitive information.
to respect the intellectual property rights of Viseum and to refrain from copying, downloading, transmitting, reproducing, printing, or exploiting for commercial purpose any material contained within the Website.
to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, liability, loss or cost (including legal fees) incurred by us arising from any infringement by you of these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to change any part of these Terms & Conditions without notice, and we therefore advise users to check them regularly.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to modify or remove any part of the Website without notice, and we accept no liability for events arising from such action.
All intellectual property of Viseum arising from the design and content of the Website, such as trademarks, trade names, patents, registered designs and copyright and any other intellectual property rights whether registered or not, is and shall remain the property of Viseum.
Limitation of Liability
Viseum will under no circumstance be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages including any loss of business, revenue, profits, or data in relation to your use of the Website.
Nothing within this Agreement will operate to exclude any liability for death or personal injury arising as result of the negligence of Viseum, its employees or agents.
The information contained with the Website is provided on the understanding that:
we give no guarantee of uninterrupted availability nor any representation that the Website will be error free.
we do not express or otherwise imply any warranty relating to the accuracy, fitness for purpose, compatibility or security of any part of the Website.
the Website is not engaged in rendering advice and should not be wholly relied upon when making any decision relating to its contents or to any Viseum products.
we do not control websites operated by other parties; our inclusion of any hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of their content, and we take no responsibility for, and will not incur any liability in respect of, such content.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of England and any user of the Website hereby agrees to be bound exclusively by the jurisdiction of English courts without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
Viseum Privacy Statement with respect to the Website
Who we are
We are a UK-based provider of CCTV patented surveillance equipment and software. Modern information and communication technologies play a fundamental role in our activities.
In this Statement references to “we”, “us” and “our” are to Viseum UK. References to “our Website” or “the Website” are to www.viseum.co.uk.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any personal or business details you knowingly provide us with through our forms and email, such as your name, address, telephone number etc.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address (this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.)
- We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations.
- We do not automatically log personal data nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process orders, to provide after sales service (for which purpose we may pass your details to another organization to supply or support products or services you have purchased);
- We may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services, but you will be offered the option to opt in/out of this service.
- We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes.
- We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may need to verify your personal details for authorization outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
1404-1410 High Road