Viseum UK reports “mission accomplished” by delivering CCTV security system
improvements and operational savings worth at least $200m.
Helping organisations throughout the world deliver the highest levels of CCTV
system security, Viseum UK is now well on the way to delivering at
least $1billion more improvements by 2017.
Viseum UK’s Intelligent CCTV solutions not only attract high end projects, where anything else other than the best available CCTV surveillance equipment may compromise the clients’ security, but lower end buyers also purchase Viseum equipment as the most cost effective CCTV security cameras to protect all their areas of concern.
CCTV Security System Endorsements
It has been independently endorsed that Viseum cameras clear up 15 times more incidents than any other camera, and it would take at least 5 – 6 times more installations of any other advanced PTZ camera solution, or at least 10 of the industry’s latest panoramic megapixel cameras, or a minimum of 200 times more standard fixed camera installations, to provide the level of CCTV security that each Viseum outdoor surveillance camera provides without being dependent on any surveillance operators or CCTV infrastructures.
Other key Financial Points
- Self-monitored, self-operated and self-managed, as opposed to key operational dependencies on high bandwidth communications, 24/7 operators and central control equipment.
- 1 plug and play installation for immediate vast coverage, as opposed to procuring, cabling and maintaining several separate camera installations.
- Installations are monitored locally with no operator fatigue or physical risk to their well-being e.g. areas prone to disorder.
Comparison CCTV Security System Installation
A typical Viseum CCTV security system uses around 10 Viseum IMC cameras to protect an area approximately 600m2. For the same level of effective CCTV coverage with the next best CCTV security system, it would require 100 x 180 degree panoramic megapixel cameras, 112TB more hard disk storage and 645Mbps more video transmission bandwidth.
Return on Investment
Viseum UK CCTV solutions produce the highest ROI available for CCTV security equipment. For example suppose that compared with a conventional CCTV scheme design a Viseum UK CCTV security system:
- produces at least 6 times the value (in fact Viseum UK end users endorse at least 10 times more value),
- is 3 times as expensive (in fact typical complete projects cost less than 1.5 times).
Even on this conservative basis a Viseum UK solution would more than halve the cost of ownership and more than double the return on investment.
Direct operational savings
Viseum UK’s end user technology partners have researched the direct operational cost savings available for UK boroughs. Results of this research are for:
- Police savings example – around £1/2m per year.
> download police savings calculator example <
- Remote monitoring savings example – around £1/2m per year.
> download remote monitoring savings calculator example <
- Manned guarding – one of the most expensive options for site security and notoriously unreliable, e.g. turning up for work, lack of concentration and reliability. Wages are an on-going increasing cost but typical payback for Viseum UK Intelligent CCTV solutions is between 12 and 18 months and from then on costs are negligible.
> manned guarding savings calculator available 2013 Q4 <
Regional savings from cost of crime
Viseum cameras clear up at least 70% of crime in open space. The following formula can be used to estimate the savings gained with respect to cost of crime to support the business case for a Viseum CCTV security system:
Possible savings using Viseum = region’s cost of open space crime x 0.7
Resulting regional economic benefits
The resulting long term deterrent value created using this Intelligent CCTV security system, causes local crime rates to drop and create reduced insurance premiums, thus attracting new businesses and new residents to what has now become a low crime area.