CCTV DVR Camera Controllers
Any one of Viseum’s CCTV DVR Camera Controllers, working with any configuration of Viseum’s Intelligent PTZ cameras array, is known as the Viseum Intelligent Moving Camera, or Viseum IMC.
Viseum’s CCTV DVR Camera Controllers are recommended by many experts as the best device to drive a PTZ. They are modular configured to support the following unique features:
- Runs using Viseum Virtual CCTV Operator video content analysis (VCA) software operating system to automatically monitor all activity in the entire area consistently 24/7/365 using 1 – 6 fixed contextual view cameras (depending on coverage required).
- Automatically control the Pan Tilt Zoom camera to zoom into and follow the required action.
- Automatically alert relevant local authorities using any of today’s digital communication methods (optional feature).
- Store 1 terabyte of digital video recording (DVR) for up to 30 days from 1 up to 7 different camera views of the same event(s). Option to encrypt all recordings to avoid anyone viewing images without permission.
- Produce Viseum’s unique multi-view evidence; play the fixed contextual view evidence from the whole area along with any close-up incident.
- Receive Viseum Remote Managed Support services to help manage all Viseum IMC installations easily and at the same time.
CCTV DVR Intelligence local to the camera installation
Providing ease of use with secure remote IP communications, Viseum’s CCTV DVR Camera Controllers support the industry’s leading fixed and PTZ moving cameras to provide intelligently automated CCTV security surveillance. This intelligence local to the CCTV security cameras not only significantly enhances any installation’s effectiveness but digitises the cameras to benefit from secure IP communications freedom.
Customised specifically to run Viseum’s Virtual CCTV Operator software, Viseum’s range of CCTV DVR Camera Controllers were designed to provide the most robust solution for ease and flexibility of deployment for the Viseum IMC product range.
Industry leading processing architecture
Using advanced Intel multi-core processing for 100% duty cycle and the latest ground breaking processing architecture, this powerful engine is optimised for industrial high use multi-tasking routines from multiple client communication, to automatic capture, analysis and optional recording of video data from up to 7 CCTV cameras, and seamless human interaction for Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) camera control.
Integrated video storage system
Viseum’s CCTV DVR Camera Controllers video ata is stored on a SATA based 24/7 100% duty cycle, low power hard disk drive with a capacity of 1 terabyte. Its disk throughput and memory bandwidth is built to sustain performance throughout the entire system.
It incorporates a “Park” functionality to separate the hard disk’s heads for safe transportation and is fitted with comprehensive event logging to keep track of how the DVR system has been treated during deployment and operation.
Providing the highest available reliability rating for maximum resilience against loss of service, this local video storage provides either master recordings if used as a standalone system, or back-up capability where remote control room storage is used.
The CCTV DVR Camera Controller range
There are 3 main categories of CCTV DVR Camera Controllers available to suit various environments applications and budgets.
Extreme operating temperatures
For CCTV deployments in the highest and lowest extreme temperature climates of the world, military grade electronic components are used inside the suitable models of CCTV DVR Camera Controller.
Standard CCTV DVR Camera Controller
There is an 8 channel and 4 channel version of this unit. Powered from an external 12VDC power supply, has 2 x serial communication ports (for PTZ control and control room integration), 1 x LAN or WAN industrial fire walled Ethernet port, operates with standard temperature of +5°C to +40°C, and high temperature model -20°C to +65°C, weighs 3.5 KG.
Dimensions: 75 H x 300 W x 263 D mm.
1 Terabyte DVR
CCTV DVR Camera Controller Ultra
There is an 8 channel and 4 channel version of this unit, each using an Intel Quad Core Processor for higher processing applications, providing up to 30 days video evidence storage capacity.
- 2 x RS485/422 ports – PTZ camera control and central CCTV monitoring station integration with manual keyboard override
- 4 or 8 camera inputs – PAL, 100 FPS total, resolution up to 640×480 or 768×576
- 2 x LAN or WAN industrial firewalled Ethernet ports
- Dimensions – Height 440.2mm x Width 221.3mm x Depth 110.6mm.
- Weight – 6 Kg
- Power Supply – 110-240V AC @ 50/60Hz Mains
- Operating Temperature – standard +5°C to +40°C (higher temperature versions available on request).
Redeployable CCTV DVR Camera Controller
Local & Remote IP Communications – options
Robust ‘always on’ optimised cooling chassis to withstand extreme high and low external temperatures. Thermal controlled high efficiency power supply, with short circuit and over voltage protection. Aluminium, IP54 rated with efficient fan assisted airflow/heat dissipation management. Thermostat controlled internal temperature regulation to allow operation. In high temperatures fan assisted airflow dissipates heat through a filtered exhaust vent, in low temperatures the fan system is switched off and the enclosure is self heated.
- Video Storage – Standard temperature model 1 TB | High temperature model 0.5 TB
- Dimensions – Height 344 mm x Width 250 mm x Depth 151 mm (excluding cables and fan protrusion) .
- Weight – 4.8 Kg.
- Operating Temperature – Standard -5°C to +35°C | High temperature -20°C to +65°C.
- Power Supply (110-240V AC @ 50/60Hz Mains) – Unique design supplying power to all IMC hardware components
- Outputs: 12V DC (Processor, Peripherals and Reference Cameras); 18V DC (PTZ camera)
- Power Consumption: 150 Watts (peak).
1 Terabyte DVR
- Up to 6 fixed contextual view cameras at up to 4 FPS and 1 moving PTZ camera at up to 25 FPS, all at Full PAL 768 x 576 resolution.
- Interfaces with all Viseum-driven Camera Unit models or standard individual cameras via IP68 compliant weatherproof twist to seal plug/sockets.
- PTZ Communications – 4 wire RS422 telemetry to camera, and, if required, 2 or 4 wire to remote keyboard or CCTV control room.
Health and Safety Features
- Quick release weatherproof speed-fixers for easy mountable/demountable operation.
- Redeployable CCTV DVR Camera Controller and Intelligent PTZ Camera Array can be mounted on opposite sides of a street column to centralise weight & reduce cantilever effect.